Thursday, June 17, 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork



I love pulled pork...a lot. Like, it's kinda ridiculous how much I love it. Since I'm trying to venture into more main dishes with meat, I decided to make BBQ Pulled Pork at home in my slow cooker. I didn't have a recipe, so I made it up. My biggest issue was BBQ sauce. I know what I like when it comes to BBQ sauce; the problem is that I rarely find one I like. I'd actually like to find a new one, so if you have a suggestion let me know. I should mention the fact that I don't like the sweet BBQ sauces.



Pork Loin
salt & pepper
3/4 cup water
1/4 cider vinegar
BBQ sauce

Put the whole pork loin (fat and all) into the crock pot, salt and pepper just a bit (how's that for exact measurements?). I used about 3/4 cup of water topped off with cider vinegar to keep the pork moist. You could just use 1 cup of water in the crock pot, but my logic was that vinegar is a tenderizer so I went for it. After 8 hours of cooking on low, take the pork out of the slow cooker. Using two forks, shred the pork and remove the fat.


Ignore the knife. I don't even know why it's in the picture. But look at the steam! Impressive, right?

Return the shredded pork (no fat this time) to the slow cooker and mix in your BBQ sauce.


Let cook for another hour to soak up the flavor. I think that the next time I make this, I'm going to brown both sides of the pork in a skillet first to give the edges a bit more texture. And hopefully I'll have found a BBQ sauce that I love to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment