Sunday, October 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Granola

I'm a peanut butter purist. I like simple things with my PB. For example, apples & PB, PB & honey sandwich...that's probably all. I'm not a huge peanut butter person. Now, here's where I make a confession that usually rocks the socks off people. I don't like peanut butter and chocolate together. At all. It grosses me out. I mean it severely grosses me out. It's so rich; I can't even handle it. Stalena, on the other hand, loves peanut butter. I mean, if she can add it to something, she will. My peanut butter hesitation is known by her. So when I told her that bake-off recipe #4 was peanut butter granola she was pumped, but then worried about me. I assured her that this recipe falls under my peanut butter purist ways. And it does. It has numerous ingredients that I love all compiled together. And, by golly, I wouldn't mind a home version of granola instead of buying it at the store.

Pamela submitted this recipe. I'm going to adopt Pam and her family. She has been a cheerleader for me and I am so thankful for her. I can't wait for my next trip to KC, so that I can meet up with her to soak up her joyful wisdom. She's also part of the redhead club, so I love her all the more for that. Here's her recipe:

Peanut Butter Granola

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 -1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
2 - 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 - 2 Tablespoons vanilla
5 cups oatmeal (old fashioned is what we use)

Mix brown sugar, oil, honey and peanut butter in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.

Stir in oats and mix well.

Spread into jelly roll pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool in pan.

Baking for 10 minutes will give a chewy granola. Bake longer for crunchy. We love the chewy version; sort of like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie. Tasty!

Optional: replace some of the honey with maple syrup.
Cinnamon is also an option.







Pam's results:
I like it! It's a great basic granola with a ton of possibilities. I'm looking forward to trying it in my yogurt tomorrow morning, assuming Stalena leaves some for me. It was super simple to make. I always love it when recipes consist of staples I have around my home. I did not try the optional maple syrup or cinnamon, but I think the maple sugar would be fantastic with this. I now have another "like" to add to my peanut butter list.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...just made this for my roommate and I and it's super good!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete