Friday, October 29, 2010

The Prize

Now that Alissa has received her bake-off prize, I can share the contents. I did not end up giving her a pony though the temptation was strong. As I pondered possible prizes, it occurred to me: what could be better than a food themed box of goodies? It was a bake-off, so that just seemed to make sense. The contents may not be logical, but my brain is a place full of mystery, ponderings (not a word- ponder, pondered, pondering, yes, but not ponderings), and Gilmore Girl quotes. It's a miracle I am able to function each day.



Orbit Peach gum: !!!!!! If a product is peach, I'm 98% likely to try it. I'm a sucker for peach.

Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies: Yum. Jenny introduced me to these. I am forever grateful. (Hi, Jenny! I love you, I miss you, and you're the best sister ever!)

Pocky: Stalena lived in Saipan for a while and discovered Pocky. If our roommate situation had never evolved past sharing an apartment, it would still be worth it because she taught me about Pocky. (For the record, I'm sooooo happy that Stalena has become one of my best friends. I'm eternally thankful that the Lord brought her into my life.)

Two coffees: I can't be any more detailed than this because I have no clue what I bought. They smelled good and that was why I chose them. I don't drink coffee, so I don't really pay attention to it. Some names sound vaguely familiar because of the girls talking about it, but that's the depth of my attention to coffee.

Halloween Oreo: They're orange. That's the only reason.

Lip Smackers: I'm addicted to chapstick. I can't even tell you the number of times I apply it each day. I hate dry lips. These Lip Smackers are food/drink flavors. Spreading the addiction, it's what I do.

Measuring spoons: I loved the color. I loved the color a lot. However, I have three pairs of measuring spoons. I have to limit myself...mostly because at some point I'll see yet another set that I love (hello, Anthropologie), so I can't buy every set that I think is cute. So Alissa gets to be the recipient of them. I was happy because I knew they were going to a good home.

The best part about the prize box: I forgot to include a card. Thankfully, I had put my return address on the box, so she knew where it came from. Seriously. How do I forget a card? Me? The person that could personally support Hallmark. I'll blame it on the fact that school is sucking out my brain, focus, and time.

I just had a brilliant thought: I should have made a cooking cd full of songs that are delightful to listen to as you cook. Bummer. Sorry, Alissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment