Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coconut Cake and Garavan

Good morning.

No, Garavan is not a new cooking term for you to learn. Garavan de Bruir is an artist currently being featured on Etsy. I love Etsy and all the creativity that comes from it. Garavan's designs are lovely and if he didn't live in Ireland, I'd ask for the opportunity to sit and watch him work.... although, maybe this is my excuse to go to Ireland. Hmmm. Anyway, you should take a look at his designs. They're too pricey for me, but looking at them still does something for my soul. You can find him on Etsy or his website.

Now, let's make coconut cake. You'll thank me for this recipe. I had to beg, plead, cry, bribe, and shake my fist to get this recipe for you all. Okay, I asked Jessica if her mom would be kind enough to share her coconut cake recipe. She kindly gave it and here we are: happy and capable of making swoon-worthy coconut cake. It's so easy you're going to jump up and down with joy.

1 box white cake mix
2+ cups angel flake coconut
1 can cream of coconut
1 container Cool-Whip

Mix the cake mix as instructed, adding in 1 cup of coconut before baking. Bake the cake per the box instructions. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then slowly pour the cream of coconut over the entire cake. (Sidenote: Cream of coconut can solidify in the can, so place the can in a warm cup of water to help it return to liquid form.) Once the cake is completely cooled, mix the Cool-Whip with one cup of coconut and spread over the cake. Sprinkle the top with extra coconut, if desired. Chill in the refrigerator.




I weep every time I eat this cake. But they're tears of joy, so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment