Monday, January 3, 2011

Turtles



This recipe is Jené's fault. She brought these treats to Decemberloso, our Christmas party. So if you make them, love them, and eat all of them in one sitting...well, everyone would understand, but don't do it. You'll feel guilty, then angry at me, then I'll have to deflect the anger to Jené and I don't want to do that since she's nice, but it's survival of the fittest, baby.

I don't know what their actual name is, but I figure Turtles are accurate enough...except they have the pretzel. So maybe Turtles with Shells? Whatever. They're super easy and fast to make. And apparently widely popular. Rolos were sold out at a couple different stores for a couple weeks. I blame this recipe.

Prepare yourself. It's going to get complicated.

Take a bunch of pretzels and place them on a cookie sheet. Unwrap the same number of Rolos and place them on top of the pretzels. Place in a 350 degree oven for 4 minutes. Take out of the oven, place pecan halves on top and press down. Let cool and eat. Bingo! I know it's hard, but you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment