Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coffee Marshmallow Crispy Treats

This is another easy, delightful recipe from George Duran's cookbook, Take This Dish and Twist It. If you know me, you'll know that I'm not a coffee drinker. At all. However, I know quite a few people that love coffee, so I thought I'd make them for the wonderful people in my life.

Coffee Marshmallow Crispy Treats

3 TBsp butter
10.5 oz package of miniature marshmallows
2-3 TBsp instant coffee or espresso powder
6 cups rice krispies

Lightly butter an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. In a large pan melt the butter over very low heat. Stir in the marshmallows. Cook, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the instant coffee (2 tablespoons for a rich coffee flavor, 3 tablespoons for a real kick) and mix well. Gently stir in the rice cereal. When it is completely coated, use buttered hands to lightly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Cool and cut into bars.

**I used 3 tablespoons of Sumatra coffee since that's what the girls had on hand.

Isn't it pretty?





1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy for this blog, amy! hooray for speckled rice krispie treats!

    ReplyDelete