Monday, January 4, 2010

Cooking

"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet van Horne

I love to cook. There's just something delightful about being in the kitchen making something that you can later tell people, with pride, "I made it from scratch". For me, the most exciting part of cooking is having others try my food. I love giving the food away. It's like I've giving them a bit of love...wrapped in food.

My love for cooking and baking has significantly increased over the last six months. I mean, it's increased to the point that I don't even mind kitchen cleanup. And so I have jumped into baking with abandon. I think I've cooked, baked, and thought about recipes more in the last six months than I have in my whole life. I even added it to my 28 by 29 list. I have to try 20 new recipes by May 11. I've made six new recipes- from scratch- so far. And so begins the blog. I want to chronicle the recipes I've made and will make. I want to share the successes and inevitable failures of my kitchen and hopefully pass on recipes that will be loved by others.

Today's blogging music: Misguided Ghosts/Paramore, I Miss You (Acoustic)/Incubus, Breakin' Me/Jonny Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment