Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nacho Mama's S'mores

Isn't that just a fun recipe to say? This recipe was also made on New Year's Day. I was organizing my food in the cabinet, trying to figure out how to make the best use of what I had. Lo and behold, graham crackers! We also had some Christmas marshmallows hanging around, so it just seemed like this was an obvious recipe to try. I did end up purchasing a chocolate bar, but since I had already planned on going to the grocery store it wasn't really a hassle to pick one up.

Nacho Mama's S'mores (from George Duran's Take This Dish and Twist It)

1 (14 oz) package graham crackers
3 (5 oz) milk chocolate bars (George recommends Hershey's)
1/2 of a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows

** I couldn't remember the amount of choclate when I was at the store, so I bought one of the giant Hershey bars, about 7 oz., and that was plenty. I used one wrapped package of graham crackers, but I have no idea if that's 14 oz or not. Finally, I just guessed on the marshmallows. Basically, I'm telling you that I didn't measure this recipe at all. :)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Break the graham crackers into pieces and place one-third of them in an 8x8 pan or pie plate. Break up the chocolate and put one-third on top of the crackers. Add one-third of the marshmallows. Add two more layers in the same order. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until marshmallows are a light golden brown and the chocolate is melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment